5 January 2015

My £100 hair brush

This Christmas, Santa was rather generous with my gifts. Apart from a £26 bar of soap, he got me a Mason Pearson hairbrush (which I like to refer to as my £100 hair brush). Even though I have alot of hair, I never thought to invest so much money on one hairbrush. Here I was, quite content with a few plastic combs.

Being a mother of 2, I don't have time to wash my hair everyday, and hope that twice a week will suffice. On a good day (and if I remember) I brush my hair. So that is why I was a little perplexed when I received the hairbrush, as it hadn't been on my Christmas wish list. Santa clearly had other thoughts.

And to say spending £100 on a hairbrush is ridiculous is an understatement. Or so I thought...


Old fashioned looking box




I always brush my hair when it is wet - even though experts ie, my mother would tell you differently. Ever since I can remember and to this day, my mother would always tell me to wait for my hair to dry before I brushed it. Wet hair means weaker follicles and therefore more split ends and hair loss. But who has time to wait for hair to dry?

I can't even begin to describe my hair loss after giving birth to Leela. Clumps of hair would fall out - so much so that a hair dresser even commented on it.

Armed with my new £100 hairbrush, I decided to give my wet hair a good brush and was amazed by the results. (Bearing in mind, I had no idea what the big deal of a Mason Pearson hair brush was and what it promised.) I was done in about 30 seconds. Usually when I combed my hair, it would take me a good 10 minutes to get through all the knots and a lot of hair would come out in the process. However, with my new £100 hair brush, hardly anything came out and it didn't even feel like I was brushing my hair as the boar and nylon bristles went through my tangles effortlessly and pain free. I even checked with my fingers that my hair was actually brushed!


Hardly any hair loss

My hair felt really soft. Now, before I begin, you need to know that I never put conditioner in my hair. I know I should, but I simply cannot be bothered. So it was a pleasant surprise to notice my often rough feeling hair was soft indeed. The only down side I found was that it made my hair so soft that I would say it went kind of fluffy. But to be honest, that was without using any hair products and after a few minutes, my hair went back to its usual place.

After googling a few reviews of the Mason Pearson hair brush, I discovered that it purports to make your hair shiny and glossy by distributing your hair serum and oils from your scalp , evenly throughout your hair. Not wrong there. 

The box comes with a little kit including a little certificate of authenticity (counterfeit Mason Pearson hair brushes are rife) and a hair cleaning brush (the Mason Pearson is meant to last a life time as it is considered to be an heirloom).  


Inside the box

Cleaning brush

The real deal


Would I pay £100 for it? Is it worth it? To be perfectly honest, I don't know. Ask me again next year and again in 50 years! But so far so good.

However, if you are into brands and want the best of everything, then the Mason Pearson should definitely be on your Christmas wish list.


My hair is good enough to eat!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Post a Comment