5 January 2015

Addictive Chilli Paneer


I absolutely love Chilli Paneer. In fact, I love paneer, fullstop. Whether it's Paneer Tikka for starters, or a Muttar Paneer curry for mains, to the ultimate - Chilli Paneer. My mouth is already drooling! I found this recipe on Google. As usual I typed in 'Best...recipe' but this was actually on the second page of the search results. The reason why I sifted through the front page recipes was purely down to the amount of ingredients and complexity of those recipes. As you know by now, I like quick and cheerful.

If I am being completely honest, I am off this chilli paneer dish for the time being. When I made this recipe for my friends, it was so yummy that I cooked it from scratch THREE MORE times in the SAME WEEK. Yes - that's right, I had a lot of chilli paneer that week. In fact, that is all I ate for 7 days in a row. I am an 'all or nothing' type of girl.

So cook this recipe at your own risk. You have been warned - it is delicious and completely addictive!

Ingredients
200g Paneer (cubed)
1 Green Pepper
1 Onion
5 Green chillies (you could add more depending on how hot you like it)
2 teaspoons Soy sauce
1 tablespoon Chilli sauce
2 tablespoons Lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Pepper powder (black)
1 tablespoon Garlic and ginger paste
Handful of Chopped coriander
Salt as needed

Batter for frying Paneer cubes:
Vegetable oil as needed for frying
1 & 1/2 tablespoons of Plain flour
1 & 1/2 tablespoons of Corn flour
Pinch of Bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon of Salt

Method
Make a thick batter of plain flour and corn flour with salt. The batter consistency should be enough to coat the paneer smoothly.

Fry the paneer cubes by dipping them in this batter, drain in paper towel.

Cube the onion, green pepper and slit the green chillies

Heat a pan with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and add the crushed garlic and ginger paste and green chillies. Fry for 2 minutes. BEWARE - you get a lot of oil sparks and the garlic and ginger paste pops everywhere. I recommend you use a tea towel in front your body when stirring the pan.

Add the onion and fry till transparent.

Add the green pepper and stir in high flame.

Reduce flame and add the sauces, pepper amd salt and mix well.

Add the deep fried paneer cubes and mix in the lemon juice and mix well until everything blends evenly.

Lastly add the coriander leaves and transfer to the serving dish.





Paneer frying in batter


                               



Et voila!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Post a Comment