2 March 2014

Stretch Mark Oils

I am not sure how many have you noticed in my Stella & Dot videos, that I am actually pregnant. 6 months in fact. I have been desperately trying to cover it up, but now I think, what's the point? You are bound to see it sooner or later. It's not as if I am disappearing away. I feel like a Hippo. I am much bigger this time than I was in my first pregnancy. They say having a girl (that's what I am being blessed with) makes you wider at the hips and generally looser, than a boy does.

Stretch Marks are obviously a huge concern for many pregnant women. I have seen some of my friends' tummies and I kid (no pun intended!) you not when I saw my best friends' during her first pregnancy, I gasped in horror, looking at the long purple marks all over her tummy. I remember thinking, her husband must really love her!

During my first pregnancy, I tried many stretch mark creams, from Palmer's Cocoa Butter, Bio Oil and Johnson's Skin Perfecting Oil for Stretch Marks. However, the best one I used was the one I made myself - I only got a few tiny stretch marks on my hips, but none on my bulging tummy. The ingredients of my homemade recipe only use pure oils and nothing else (I hear Bio Oil uses a lot of chemicals). So I was happy smothering it on everyday, sometimes even twice a day.





This time around, I did make another batch of my Stretch Mark Oil, which I like to call 'Aaren's Oil' (if I ever get round to bottling and selling it). And again, I have not got any stretch marks on my tummy, but I seem to have more on my hips and the sides of my tummy. I am clearly much larger than I was at this stage, with Aaren, so I guess that is to be expected.

Anyway, one of my friends bought me Cowshed's Udderly Gorgeous Stretch Mark Oil and I just used it today for the first time. My initial thoughts: the name, Cowshed is quite apt for how I am feeling, looking and acting (my husband would say). The tangerine coloured oil is richer than the other stretch mark oils I have used (even my homemade Aaren's Oil) and it is non-sticky, which I like. It also smells ok ie. pretty non-offensive. After the first day, it's already made my skin feel softer and less dry. So far so good!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Post a Comment