18 March 2014

Chicken in a Bag

I'm not sure if I have mentioned this previously, but I am a Pescatorian. This essentially means that I eat seafood but no meat or chicken. I gave up meat about 5 years ago, as a challenge to myself and have stuck with it ever since. I don't miss it all and am happy to be making the little contribution to an animal's welfare. Saying that, I don't have a problem with cooking meat and I make it all the time for Ian.

His favourite dish of mine is 'Chicken in a Bag'. I am certain this is because it doesn't require me to do any real cooking except chop up a few vegetables. It is so simple and effortless to make (preparation time is about 10 minutes) and I therefore end up making it once a week and it lasts for two dinners. Easy.

You can buy different varieties of these 'bags' nowadays in most supermarkets. I use the Colmans brand and have also started using Maggi. I tend to use the Paprika flavour as that usually gets the most compliments!

The best thing about the 'Chicken in a Bag' recipe is that naturally, I don't follow it and just use all the vegetables that I need to get rid off.



Sweet Potato



My secret ingredient - Chorizo



Hearty Carrots



A plethora of colour



Skinned Chicken








The star of the show



In the bag, with the spices mixed in



The Finished Product



The smell is divine










No comments :

Post a Comment

Post a Comment