17 March 2014

Who's been eating my Porridge?

Aaren is now 18 months and for the past 9 months we have a bit of a ritual for his breakfast. He wakes up, brushes his teeth and has an adult portion of porridge every morning. He is actually very good when it comes to breakfast - particularly porridge. He loves the gooey, filling stuff. This is all thanks to my dad, who also loves eating porridge and used to offer Aaren a spoon or two when he first started weaning and things just progressed from there.

I have tried a variety of porridge brands, from supermarkets such as Lidl through to Waitrose, but the best one I have found is the branded Quaker Oats. The quality is excellent and the portions are already separated as they come in sachets. This is helpful in the mornings and makes for an easy preparation.

I am quite particular about the consistency of Aaren's porridge (my father and I argue endlessly about it). He likes to make it all runny and milky, where you can hardly see the oats, whilst I prefer it thicker and like it to look like a bowl of porridge!

Iceland and Poundland are selling this pack for £1 



Simple Instructions



Already portioned out



Add some cold milk



A spoon full of sugar (Demerara)



Stir for 1 minute



And it's ready!



One happy customer!



After that, he's still hungry!








No comments :

Post a Comment

Post a Comment