22 March 2014

The Best Cream Cheese Frosting!

Being 6 1/2 months pregnant, I get cravings all the time. I've made cupcakes twice this week now and I'll use any excuse to make more. Particularly with the easy recipe I use. I often struggle with the topping and icing though. I am not very creative and the last time I tried to use red food colouring in my cupcake frosting, it turned out looking like when you wash white clothes with a bright red top - no , not a lovely pink colour, but rather a dull, greyish mauve. Needless to say, they didn't look very attractive.

I have been looking for a simple and quick cream cheese frosting for a while now. I love cream cheese and find it lighter, creamier (and possibly healthier?) than Buttercream Frosting. I stumbled upon this recipe when I googled 'Cream Cheese Frosting' and Carrot and Cream Cheese Cupcakes was the first recipe that came up. It happened to be on www.bbcgodfood.co.uk - one of my favourite recipe sites and as it got 5 stars, I decided to go for the cream cheese recipe part that went with the carrot cupcakes.

Ingredients
100g butter, softened
300g soft cheese
100g icing sugar, sifted
1 tsp vanilla extract

Method
Beat the butter and soft cheese together until smooth and then add the icing sugar and vanilla extract and beat some more.

The result was simply divine. I don't think I have ever tasted more delicious cup cakes (even if I do say so myself). And the cream cheese frosting was light, fresh tasting and not too sweet. What more could you want from a cream cheese frosting?


Simple Ingredients


Ready to eat after 3 minutes!



















All boxed and ready to go!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Post a Comment